Turmeric is known for its amazing health benefits and when combined with pepper they both have a powerful antioxidant property that boosts immunity which helps Fight infections and helps reduce Oxidative stress. It is well known for its detoxification characteristics which help in blood purifying by flushing all the toxins out of your body. It also eases the movement of food through the digestive tract and provides relief from indigestion.
1. Can promote weight loss:
A lot of people drink water as part of their morning routine. So adding a pinch of turmeric and black pepper powder can have an added benefit to the body’s metabolic (metabolism is the bodily process of it converting the ingested food into energy) increase, calorie burning and aid better digestion. A faster metabolic rate can help burn more calories as compared to slower body metabolic rates.
2. Can keep the body hydrated and energized:
This combination of turmeric black pepper with water can help to keep you hydrated and nourished, boost your stamina and increase your energy levels. It can also keep your gut (your stomach, inclusive of your intestines and bowel movements) health in check.
3. To maintain blood sugar levels:
Pepper corns contain a substance called piperine (an alkaloid in black pepper) which can help regulate the blood sugar (the concentration of glucose in the blood) in your body.
4. Can boost your brain functioning:
Piperine, the component primarily present in pepper corns can have brain boosting effects that can help improve cognitive functioning. It can also help improve memory by stimulating the chemical pathways in the brain.
5. Can help prevent constipation and detoxify the body:
Since drinking this water can help your gut, it can also have an effect on your bowel movements. It can help improve digestion, eliminate toxins and flush out all the unwanted chemicals from the body, in turn reducing stomach related issues. READ MORE – NATURAL IMMUNITY BOOSTING HERBS
6. Other benefits:
- Acts as an immunity booster: Turmeric pepper can help nourish the cells and prevent it from cell damage and help the body improve its immunity and prevent it from free radical (unstable molecules that build up in cells and can cause damage to other molecules, such as DNA, lipids, proteins etc) damage.
- Can be helpful for the skin and skin related problems like acne: Consuming turmeric pepper in the right quantities can help prevent skin pigmentation and scars.
Here’s how you can consume pepper:
1. Turmeric Pepper Syrup for cough, cold and sore throat
Add in 1 tsp of pepper powder and 1tsp of turmeric along with 4 tbsp of raw honey, give it a stir and store in a glass jar. Have a tsp of this syrup of this twice a day. You can also add a tsp of this syrup in warm water and sip on it.
2. Turmeric milk with pepper powder:
Another way you can add pepper powder to your daily routine is by adding ⅛ tsp pepper powder in a glass of warm water with ⅛ tsp (a pinch) of organic turmeric (haldi) powder, in case you do not like to consume pepper with plain warm water. You can also add in honey (which is optional) to taste.
This drink can help relieve joint pain and inflammation, reduce swelling, soothe the symptoms of cough and cold and can also promote better sleep.
3. In your food:
If you do not like getting the direct flavour of turmeric and pepper, then you can add it to your salad, fried egg or omelette, into your soup or even in some mashed potato or pasta as seasoning. READ MORE – Healthy Ayurveda Water to flush out toxins, boost immunity and more…
- Consumption of turmeric and pepper in small quantities as required is safe. But do not over consume it as there could be side effects of excess consumption.
- Pregnant mothers, lactating mothers who are breast-feeding, children, diabetics, people with bleeding disorders, people taking other medications (as too much pepper can have a negative reaction) and those who are going to undergo surgery (as the piperine in black pepper might slow down the blood clotting process and affect blood sugar levels), should all be watchful of the amount of pepper they consume and do not overdose on supplements or consume it in excess.