Yogurt is one of the best probiotic foods and we all know how healthy probiotic foods are! Even healthier is Greek yogurt which is thicker and richer than regular yogurt and contains more essential bacteria, calcium, protein and fats. Below are some amazing yogurt benefits along with its health and beauty uses-
BENEFITS OF YOGURT
- Yogurt contains high amount f protein and calcium and lactic acid bacteria as compared to regular yogurt which makes it super nutritious.
- Eating yogurt can neutralize acid and help the odour in mouth and also help with balancing intestinal and mouth pH thereby supporting growth of natural micro flora.
- yogurt contains active cultures or good bacteria (lactobacillus) that aid in digestion and prevent gas and bloating.
- The lactic acid in yogurt is a natural hydroxyl-acid that helps exfoliate, hydrate and soothe the skin.
- The active cultures in yogurt can not only help moisturize dryness or flakes on scalp but can also combat itching and general irritation.
- Adds a healthy glow on your skin and keeps it clear.
YOGURT BERRY SMOOTHIE
In a blender, add ½ cup yogurt, 1/3 cup almond or any vegan milk, medium frozen banana, or 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries and some honey if you like. Blend until smooth and transfer to a serving glass. Garnish with more berries and enjoy!
YOGURT CHIA PUDDING AND OVERNIGHT OATS
To make yogurt chia pudding, simply add 4 tablespoons chia seeds to 1/3 cup yogurt and mix. Add in honey and dry fruits if you prefer and mix again, toss it in the refrigerator overnight and consume in the morning! Makes a really thick, delicious and creamy pudding. You can also make overnight oats with yogurt READ MORE – 6 Best Weight loss Breakfast Recipes with Oats
YOGURT CONDITIONING HAIR MASK
In a bowl, add 1/3 cup yogurt and add in 2 tablespoons honey. Mix it really well and your hair mask is ready! Apply it generously on hair and scalp and wear a shower cap for 1 hour before you shampoo it off.
YOGURT FACE MASK
To make a yogurt face mask, grab a bowl and add in 1 tablespoon rice flour. Add in enough yogurt to make a thick paste and your face mask is ready! Apply an even layer all over facial skin and let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse off with little massaging to exfoliate. Use twice a week.
YOGURT FACIAL CLEANSER
Yogurt makes a great facial cleanser! Simply add 2 teaspoons rose water and ¼ teaspoon rice flour to 1 tablespoon yogurt and mix well. Apply on facial skin, massage for 2 minutes and let it sit for more 2-3 minutes before you rinse off. READ MORE – 10 BEST HAIR MASKS to solve all your hair problems