Castor oil is a thick oil loaded with vitamins and fatty acids. It is known for its ability to impart thick growth of hair and make your skin radiant. Wondering about the benefits and uses of castor oil for beautiful and clear skin? Keep reading:
BENEFITS AND USES OF CASTOR OIL FOR SKIN
- Prevents Wrinkles– Antioxidants contained in castor oil help fight the free radicals. This in turn has anti-aging benefits on the skin. Castor oil penetrates into the layers of the skin and stimulates collagen production. Regular application helps soften your skin, fades age spots, and prevents wrinkles. Using castor oil around the eyes helps remove eye bags and fine lines.
- Soothes Skin Problems– Antibacterial properties of castor oil are beneficial in removing bacteria from the clogged pores and treating acne. Its anti-inflammatory properties reduce blemishes, treat sun-damaged skin and soothe skin irritation effectively. Castor oil has healing properties that help your skin recover from dermatitis, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Hydrates Skin– Castor oil seals in the moisture content and prevents sagging skin. Hydrated skin looks youthful and healthy. Castor oil has fatty acids that promote healthy and clear skin. READ MORE – TURMERIC SKIN BRIGHTENING NATURAL BODY WASH
HOW TO USE CASTOR OIL FOR CLEAR AND BEAUTIFUL SKIN?
For Clear Skin With Oil Cleansing: One of the time-tested remedies that you can try with castor oil is the Oil Cleansing Method or the OCM. In this method, castor oil has a major role to play. The right blend of oil is used for cleansing the skin of impurities so that skin looks clear, blemish-free and healthy. Along with castor oil, you need a carrier oil (olive oil being a good option).
i)For oily skin: Mix 1/3 castor oil with 2/3 olive oil
ii)For dry skin: Add just a few drops of castor oil to olive oil
iii)For combination skin: Mix ¼ castor oil with ¾ olive oil
Mix the oils as per your requirement and then take the required quantity, rub them in between your palms and massage your skin. Once your face is saturated with oil, cover it with a wet washcloth, soaked in hot water. Alternately, you can put boiling water in a pot and steam your face by leaning on the pot while covering your head with a towel and leaving the lid open. Steaming helps clean the pores while oil dissolves the oil and grime locked in them. Initially, you may experience breakouts as your skin tries to adapt to this new technique of cleansing but eventually, over a period of time, the method gives you clean skin, free from acne and pimples.
Aloe vera And Castor Oil Blend: Mix 1 tbsp shea butter with 1 tsp castor oil. Apply on the face and body and massage it in for a perfect combination that moisturizes, treats stretch marks, and heals your skin.
Castor Oil And Hone Face Mask For Acne-Free Skin: Mix castor oil and raw honey 1 tbsp each and apply on the areas affected by acne. Wait for 30 minutes and wash it off. Both the ingredients have anti-inflammatory benefits that soothe acne and prevent breakouts. READ MORE – HAIR SCRUB RECIPES – stop hair fall and thicker hair growth
- Go for a patch test before you use castor oil on your skin. Castor oil may cause irritation if it doesn’t suit you.
- While using castor oil on face, make sure it doesn’t seep into your eyes.
- If you suffer from skin allergies, ask your doctor before using castor oil.
- It is better to stay away from castor oil during pregnancy.