Amla or Indian gooseberry is a wonder fruit that is packed with nutrients. The vitamins, minerals and antioxidants contained in amla make this tangy fruit essential for keeping some of the most prevalent diseases at bay and improving our health by boosting immunity and metabolism. Amla is generally available in plenty during the winter months in India. Want to make the most of this green pungent super-food? Check out the best benefits and easy ways to consume amla:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF AMLA
Rich in vitamin C – Did you know that amla contains Vitamin C, almost 8 times more than that of an orange and antioxidants, almost 17 times more than that of a pomegranate? Vitamin C contained in amla helps boost immunity. It is effective in fighting bacterial as well as viral diseases. So make amla a part of your daily diet to fight cough and cold on a regular basis.
Aids Digestion – Amla has anti-inflammatory properties that help in preventing stomach ulcers and treat acidity problems. Fiber content in amla benefits the digestive system and keeps constipation at bay.
Detox – A storehouse of antioxidants and vitamins, amla acts as a natural detoxifier and blood purifier. When consumed on a regular basis, amla helps increase the level of haemoglobin and even strengthen the blood vessels.
Improve Eyesight – Carotene content in amla is excellent for eyes. Try to add amla to your regular meals to improve your vision and keep cataract at bay. Daily consumption of amla even helps prevent itching, watering and reddening of eyes.
Antioxidant – Daily consumption of amla even helps in repairing and further prevention of oxidative damage. Thus, antioxidants and amino acids contained in amla help prevent cancer.
Weight loss – Contains an abundant amount of Vitamin C that prevents the formation of fat in unwanted places and flushes out toxins from the body. Drink Amla powder with honey and warm water to lose weight and excess fat.
CLEAR SKIN – Amla is a rich source of vitamin c which is essential for healthy skin, take 1/2 tsp of amla powder in lukewarm water early in the morning for healthy glowing skin.
Healthy Hair – Amla helps to improve scalp ciculartion to improve hair follicles and stimulate hair growth. READ MORE – AMLA FOR EXTREME HAIR GROWTH – BENEFITS AND WAYS TO USE
HOW TO INCLUDE AMLA IN YOUR DAILY DIET?
- You may eat amla raw, or boiled. You may even like to turn this fruit into your favorite pickle and it to your regular meals.
- One of the best ways to have amla is in the juice form. Extract the juice out of amla and dilute it in a cup of water. Drink it first thing in the morning and this will help you in improving your metabolism and boosting your digestive system. You will also get clear skin and beautiful hair in the process.
- Mix 1/4 tsp of amla powder with 2 tsp honey and have it 2 times a day to get relief from common cold and soothe irritated airways.
- Mix amla powder with a tbsp jaggery and take it once regularly to detox your body.
- Add a pinch of pepper and salt to your amla juice to curb appetite and manage your weight.
- For better immunity, make a concoction of honey, basil leaves, ginger and amla and have it to keep seasonal ailments away. READ MORE – HAIR GROWTH WATER – longer, stronger hair