Long, thick and healthy hair is every girls dream but not all are blessed with it. Damaged hair and hair fall is a common concern and can make your hair look unhealthy. It is important to nourish your hair from the roots to tip with proper ingredients for it to grow healthy. Amla is an amazing hair ingredient according to Ayurveda because of its repairing and strengthening properties and is great when it comes to boosting hair growth!
BENEFITS OF AMLA FOR HAIR
- Amla helps to boost hair growth, it penetrates deep into your hair follicles and nourishes to promote healthy hair.
- It helps to improve blood circulation on the scalp for a healthy scalp and thicker hair.
- It can prevent and also treat premature hair greying.
- Using amla regularly in your hair care routine can make your hair strong, reduce hair fall, fight dandruff and add amazing shine!
- It helps to reduce frizz, conditions hair and scalp to repair hair damage.
HOW TO USE AMLA FOR HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH
AMLA HAIR MASK – In a bowl, add 1-2 Tbsp of amla powder and add aloe water or juice – how to make aloe water to make a paste. Mix well and apply it liberally on your scalp and hair. Wear a shower cap and leave it on your hair for about 2-3 hours.
Wash your hair as you normally would using a milk shampoo and condition. Use the mask twice a week for best results.
AMLA HAIR OIL – To make amla hair oil, blend fresh amla fruit to make a paste. In a saucepan, add 1 cup of coconut oil and add in the amla paste. Fry the paste until it loses all its water content and you are left with a dark residue. Turn off the flame and let the oil cool down.
Massage the warm oil on scalp and hair and let it sit for an hour or overnight before shampooing off.
AMLA WATER – To make amla water, simmer dried amla fruit in a saucepan with water and then strain. Use this water as a hair mist after shampoo, let your hair air dry and style as usual.
AMLA OVERNIGHT SERUM – To make amla overnight hair and scalp serum, add 1/4 cup aloe vera gel in a bowl and add in 2 tablespoons amla oil (recipe given above). Mix it well and apply liberally on hair and scalp, wear a shower cap or hair wrapper and sleep with it. Wash it off the next morning with a mild shampoo. READ MORE – 6 BEST HAIR GROWTH SPRAY RECIPES