Opting for an oil massage is perhaps one of the best ways to care for your hair with minimum hassle involved. To make the most of your oil massage session, just go that extra mile and turn it into a hot oil treatment. You will get soft, nourished and healthy hair free from breakage and split ends. Wondering about the benefits of hot oil treatment and how to go about it? Keep reading:
Hot Oil Treatment: Benefits
Hot oil massage is effective in boosting blood circulation, thereby providing nourishment to your scalp and hair. It stimulates blood flow and aids in hair growth.
Deep Conditioning Treatment:
This treatment acts as a natural hair spa that not only strengthens the hair shafts but also prevents dryness and split ends. If you want to skip store-bought hair conditioners and stick to something natural, try hot oil treatment as a deep conditioning formula.
Rejuvenates Lifeless Hair:
Hot oil treatment creates a protective shield that rejuvenates damaged hair and brings dull hair back to life.
Dry scalp often feels itchy and flaky. So hydrate your scalp with a rich concoction of oils which is a definite solution to the problem of dandruff.
Hot Oil Treatment: Method
- Ensure your hair is clean. Your hair should not be loaded with dirt and oil-build up. Thoroughly cleansed scalp and hair help in better absorption of the oil with all its goodness, into the hair cuticles.
- If you choose to wash your hair before this treatment, wait till your hair is semi-dry. Comb your hair so that it is free from tangles.
- Choose an oil that suits you best. You can opt for coconut oil, almond oil, avocado oil or olive oil. You may even like to try a mixture of two oils. READ MORE – Top 10 best hair oils – benefits and how to use
- Heat the oil. The oil should be warm to an extent so that you can comfortably put your finger in it without running the risk of scalding.
- Apply the oil on scalp and hair, massage gently with fingertips using circular motions for 5-10 mins.
- Put on a shower cap and leave it on overnight for best results
- Use a gentle shampoo to wash your hair and follow up with a hair conditioner of your choice. READ MORE – 10 NATURAL ORGANIC DIY SHAMPOO RECIPES FOR HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH
Hot Oil Treatment: DIY Recipe To Suit All Hair Types
Mix three tablespoons of your favorite oils. For instance, you can have two tablespoons of coconut oil and add one tablespoon of another variety of wholesome oil based on your hair type. Try jojoba oil or castor oil if your hair is oily, sweet almond oil if your hair is normal and avocado oil is your hair is dry. Heat the oil mixture.
You may add around 3 to 4 drops of your favorite essential oil like rosemary oil for hair growth tea tree oil for dandruff and head lice or lavender oil to repair damaged hair. This step is however purely optional. Apply the oil on the scalp and hair to reap the best benefits.
The hot oil treatment yields best results when done at least once every week. If you have severely damaged hair, you can go for it twice a week.