Turmeric is quite a well-known health and beauty ingredient and also holds an important place in Ayurveda. Turmeric is found as a dominant ingredient in tons of commercial products and turmeric oil too is widely used for homemade beauty preparations. Turmeric oil is extremely easy to prepare and we will show you how-
RECIPE FOR TURMERIC OIL:
Things you need-
- 1/4 cup carrier oil (grapeseed oil, avocado oil or rosehip seed oil)
- 2-3 fresh turmeric root
To make turmeric oil, you need a carrier oil, if you are using the oil on your face and body then use non-comedogenic oils that are perfect for all skin types and will not clog your pores. You can find the best oils here – 10 Best oils for all skin types and fresh turmeric root.
Slice the turmeric root and let it dry under the sun for 2-3 days or just lay them out on your tray and dry them using an oven. If you can buy dried turmeric slices then u can use them.
In a saucepan, add some water and then place a bowl on top to create a double boiler. Add 1/4 cup oil and 2 tbsp of dried turmeric slices into the bowl. Gently heat the oil on low very heat for 15-20 mins. Let the oil cool down and strain out the oil. Store it in an amber bottle and use it as and when required. If you worried about turmeric staining your skin then kindly use wild turmeric. A wild turmeric is a nonedible form of turmeric that is specially used in skincare. READ MORE – 6 BEST TURMERIC FACE MASKS for all skin types
WAYS TO USE TURMERIC OIL FOR BEAUTY:
- Turmeric oil can directly be used as a face oil. You can also mix in other oils that work for you to make a facial oil blend.
- Add a few drops of turmeric oil in your regular lotions, moisturizers, and other skincare products or use a few drops in some raw shea butter for a natural overnight face mask for healthy glowing skin.
- Can also be used as massaging oil.
- Add a few drops in your homemade face masks and scrubs.
- You can also make your own turmeric serum, simply add few drops turmeric oil in commercial organic aloe vera gel and mix until everything emulsifies. Store in a dropper bottle and use it as facial serum.