As we age, we can often notice a number of skin problems coming our way. From skin sagging, wrinkles and fine lines to enlarged pores to our skin losing its natural and radiant complexion, many of us face it all.
While some say it is all part of the ageing process, I’d definitely say that while it is, there are ways to help prevent it and give the skin back its lustre!
Want to know how? Check out this article for a super simple recipe to make a DIY pore reduce, skin tightening and brightening face mask, with just two simple ingredients – instant coffee with aloe vera gel.
Benefits of the ingredients in this mask:
- Using coffee in a face mask for the skin can help improve blood circulation, thereby making the skin look healthier and can also ward off puffiness.
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants and can help fight free radical damage (unstable molecules or substances that can damage the skin) on the skin, keeping it safe from the environmental pollutants and protecting it from the harsh UV rays of the sun. It can also help reduce acne and fight acne formation.
- Coffee helps in tissue repair and can help in cell regeneration. It helps increase skin elasticity and promotes the production of collagen (an essential protein in the body that helps promote skin elasticity and keeps our skin healthy) in the skin.
- Using coffee on the skin can help increase and improve skin elasticity. Thus, with better skin elasticity it can help keep away and fight signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles on the skin and also keeps the skin away from becoming loose and saggy.
Aloe vera gel:
- Aloe vera is rich in vitamins and can contribute to cell turnover, a natural process that involves the constant shedding of dead skin cells and the replacement of it with younger skin cells, over a period of time.
- It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that can help cure and heal skin ailments.
- It can also help lighten the skin and reduce hyperpigmentation and even out skin tone and complexion.
- A lot of people suffer from skin problems like rash or acne. Aloe vera can act as an anti-acne medicine. It contains vitamin C and vitamin E which are helpful to keep one’s skin healthy and radiant.
How to make this simple DIY face mask?
Aloe vera gel
Instant coffee powder
Into a small mixing bowl, add in the aloe vera gel and instant coffee powder and mix well until properly combined.
Then apply it on damp skin using an applicator brush or your fingertip and leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes before rinsing off with plain water.
Please note: For this face mask make sure to only use instant coffee powder along with commercially bought aloe vera gel.