Overnight Hair Spray with Two Powerful Seeds
If you are looking for a simple homemade recipe for a hair spray that can boost your hair health within no time, then this article has the perfect recipe for you!
The recipe below for the hair spray is one that contains two powerful seeds – fenugreek seeds and black seeds, which are super nutritious and can help the hair become renewed and rejuvenated as soon as possible. Check out the details below!
Benefits of using this hair spray for your hair:
- Fenugreek seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals that are very beneficial in promoting long, strong and healthy hair growth. It can help stimulate blood flow in the hair follicles in the scalp, towards hair growth. Fenugreek seeds also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to reduce dandruff, scalp irritation and scalp infections. They contain a substance called lecithin, which is a natural emollient that can moisturize condition and strengthen the hair.
- Black seeds are rich in nutrients which can help provide nourishment to the hair follicles in turn restoring hair growth. These seeds contain a phytochemical compound called ‘thymoquinone’ that can help boost hair growth and slow down the aging process of cells and can thereby prevent hair thinning. They help nourish the hair and can promote hair shine.
- Curry leaves contain vitamin B which can contribute to strengthening the hair follicles and control hair fall. They are rich in antioxidants and can help restore scalp health. It can also help open up the clogged hair follicles on the scalp, in turn promoting better blood circulation and improving the growth of the hair follicles right from its root. Curry leaves are rich in antioxidants that are beneficial in fighting free radical damage to the hair.
In this recipe, curry leaves can be substituted with rosemary leaves, which are equally beneficial to the hair. Check out its benefits below:
- Rosemary leaves help promote better blood circulation in the scalp, in turn increasing hair growth and making each hair strand grow back stronger and thicker, as there will be sufficient flow of nutrients through the hair follicle to the hair strand. Rosemary helps promote hair growth by healing the damaged hair follicles as it has ‘carnosic acid’, which is an active ingredient present in plants that is known to help heal damaged nerves and tissues.
How to make this hair spray at home?
(Or rosemary leaves)
Wash the curry leaves under running water, so that there is no dirt and impurities’. Then, leave it to dry in the sun and wait till all the water has evaporated.
Then, into a mixer grinder, add in the fenugreek seeds, black seeds and curry leaves (or rosemary leaves). Grind it until it becomes into small bits. Then the mixture is ready, store it in an air tight container for future use.
To make the hair spray:
Into a heating pot, add in a glass of water and let it come to a boil while on high heat. After it comes to a boil, add in 1 tablespoon of the seed mix and let it simmer on low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
Then, turn off the heat and keep the pot covered with a lid and wait for the mixture to cool down completely.
To use on the hair:
Before you sleep at night, randomly spray this overnight hair spray over your scalp and hair and leave it on. It will get rinse off whenever you are washing your hair. You can use this spray every night.
- To store the seed mixture – Keep in an air tight container for up to two months, in a cool and dry place.
- To store the hair spray – Use and then refrigerate the remaining for up to 7 days.