Just like we experience hair loss on our head, similarly our eyebrows too lose hair or can even stop growing. This can be due to a number of reasons like – skin infections, hormonal changes, nutritional deficiencies, age, genetics, physical trauma or even stress.
Here are some natural methods to get thicker eyebrows:
1. By using different types of oils:
Apart from its other numerous benefits, castor oil for hair growth has been an age old remedy. Castor is rich in proteins and vitamins and can nourish the hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
How to use:
Take one to two drops of black castor oil on your finger tips and rub them together and then gently massage your eyebrows with it. Do this for around 5 minutes and then leave it on for half an hour or overnight for best results. Then use a makeup remover to remove the oil and then wash your face with a mild face wash and plain water.
Caution: Some people maybe be allergic to castor oil and therefore it is essential that you do a patch test before you use it.
Jojoba oil is packed with essential nutrients and vitamins and can help stimulate dormant hair follicles. This in turn promotes faster hair growth, moisturize the area and keep your skin hydrated. It can help reduce any further damage to the eyebrow hair.
How to use:
Take one to two drops of jojoba oil on a cotton pad and apply the oil on your eyebrows. Then use your fingers to massage it in. Do this for around 5 minutes and then leave it on overnight. The next morning wash your face with a mild face wash and water (cold water is preferable). READ MORE – NATURAL 1 INGREDIENT EYEBROW GEL – grow faster and thicker eyebrows
2. Homemade eyebrow growth serum:
Eyebrow serum: this eyebrow serum strengthens and conditions brow hairs, resulting in stronger, thicker
You will need:
- 1/4 tsp garlic juice
- 1 tsp pure coconut oil
- ½ tsp castor oil
- ½ tsp aloe vera gel
Into a small mixing bowl add in the garlic juice (you can crush garlic and use a strainer to get the juice out), coconut oil and castor oil. Mix until it becomes a fine paste. Then add in the aloe vera gel and blend into a fine and smooth paste.
How to use:
Dip a mascara applicator brush into this mixture and apply it on your eyebrows generously. This will promote blood circulation and also exfoliates the skin under the eyebrow hair. Then, leave it on overnight. The next morning wash your face with a mild face wash and plain water.
3. Eyebrow Growth Mask – Rich in protein as well as nicotinic acid and lecithin this mask promotes
faster and thicker eyebrow growth.
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder
- 1 tbsp yogurt or rose water
In a bowl add fenugreek powder along with yogurt or rose water to make a paste. Apply this paste on your eyebrows and let it sit for 30 mins before you rinse it off with water.
4. Proper eyebrow hair care methods:
- There are a lot of people who like to shape their eyebrows very often to keep them “on fleek”. But this can damage your eyebrows by permanently reducing the hair growth and thinning it down over time. Therefore, do not remove your eyebrow hair too often and just leave it to grow out fully (well, resisting the urge to pluck is really hard), before you can pluck them, or even wax or shave them.
- Eyebrow hair combing technique: Just how you comb your head hair, it is important to brush your eyebrow hair as well, at least once a day, using an eyebrow brush or a mascara applicator brush. This will help stimulate hair growth by promoting circulation to the hair follicle. The right way to comb your eyebrow hair is by combing it from down to up in the direction of the hair growth. READ MORE – 6 HEALTHY SEEDS FOR HAIR GROWTH AND TO STOP HAIR FALL
Caution: Do not brush too hard or over brush as you can damage the hair follicle. Be gentle and do it slowly and lightly, without applying too much pressure.
5. Eating right:
This is a general rule not only for eyebrow hair growth, but also for general health. Having a balanced diet is very essential, as it can accelerate the eyebrow hair growth. A diet rich in proteins, vitamins and iron have been linked to promoting hair growth.