The benefits of honey are known to many! It is a very versatile ingredient, right? Well, did you know that adding cinnamon to honey can make it a super powerful combination that can help and benefit your health in numerous ways?
Check out this article to know more about these two super-powerful ingredients and what their benefits are when combined! Yes, double the effects!
This article will also tell you two ways you can consume honey and cinnamon together.
Benefits of consuming honey and cinnamon together:
- Can help improve overall immunity and general health:
Honey and cinnamon can help protect the body from bacterial formation and foreign viruses. These ingredients are rich in antioxidants and have antibacterial properties.
- Can help treat bladder infection:
Consuming honey and cinnamon can help treat bladder-related infections and any other urinary tract infections.
- It can help keep cholesterol under control:
High levels of cholesterol can be a risk for heart disease. Consuming honey and cinnamon can help keep cholesterol levels in check.
- It can help support weight loss:
A lot of people contain high-fat foods in their daily diet and consuming honey and cinnamon could help in reducing their effects of it.
- Can help aid sleep:
Consuming honey cinnamon before bed can help promote sleep, as it relaxes the muscles and removes tension from the body, in turn allowing one to soon drift off to sleep.
- It can help improve skin health:
When honey and cinnamon are applied on the skin, it can help provide relief from skin infections like eczema, ringworm, etc., and can also reduce acne formation and the formation of any other skin infections. It can also help boost overall skin health.
How to consume honey and cinnamon together?
Here are two simple honey and cinnamon drinks you can make:
- Honey and Cinnamon Tea
1 glass of hot water
2 one-inch sticks of cinnamon
(½ tsp cinnamon powder)
2 tsp honey
½ tsp lemon juice (optional)
Into a saucepan, add one glass of water and the cinnamon sticks/powder. Let it come to a boil and then let it simmer for 5 to 6 minutes until the color of the water changes. Turn off the flame and let it sit for 5 minutes with a lid on. Then strain this into a cup, add in the honey and lemon juice, stir it well and it is ready to consume.
- Honey and Cinnamon Milk
1cup milk of choice ( coconut, soy, almond)
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
pinch of nutmeg powder (optional)
2 tsp honey
In a pot, add the milk and bring it to a boil. Then, add in the cinnamon powder (and nutmeg powder, optional) and stir well and let it simmer for some time. Turn off the flame, add in honey, stir well and it is ready to consume.
When should you drink these drinks for the best effects?
- Honey and cinnamon tea: Drink half of this mixture before going to bed and refrigerate the other half. The next morning, heat up the other half glass and drink it early morning on an empty stomach. Then, wait for half an hour to one hour before having any food after consuming this drink, for the best results.Caution: Drink a lot of water during the day when you are having this cinnamon and honey drink as both cinnamon and honey are heaty by nature.
- Honey and cinnamon milk: This drink can be consumed just before you go to bed at night.