Mint or Pudina, is a very commonly heard name in the herbs category. It has a distinct taste due to which it is used very often in cold and hot beverages, not only to enhance its flavor but also for its beneficial properties. Mint Tea is one such popular beverage, which is low on calories and free from caffeine. Not bad after all, right?
Consumption of mint tea has been associated with a lot of health benefits, so here are some of them –
1. Relief to digestive problems:
A lot of people suffer from various kinds of digestive problems like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) including bloating, gas, heartburn due to indigestion, stomach pain and constipation etc, Consumption of mint tea could ease the muscles of your digestive system and provide relief.
2. Relief from different types of headaches and clogged sinuses:
Mint tea is great to provide relief from headaches. A soothing cup of mint tea can help the person relax and ease the pain. It is best known for its anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. Drinking a cup of mint tea, when you have a cold or cough can help soothe your throat and have smooth airflow through the nasal passageway
3. Relief from menstrual cramps:
Are you one of those women who suffer from terrible menstrual cramps? Well, mint is known to have muscle relaxing properties so a cup of mint tea can have soothing effects and improves menstrual symptoms.
4. Improves cognitive function:
Want something to sip on when you’re working? Maybe a cup of mint tea could do you good. It could help you focus better, increase your concentration and increases the oxygen flow to your brain. READ MORE – Ginger Water for weight loss
Herbal remedies of Mint Tea –
- Treatment of nausea – It is relaxes the muscles of your digestive track and in turn provides relief from nausea.
- Acts as a mouth freshener – Mint has anti-bacterial properties and therefore it can help kill the germs produced in your mouth, which can reduce bad breath and give you fresher breath.
- Helps improve sleep – Do you find it difficult to fall asleep at night? Keep away from caffeinated drinks and maybe try having a cup of mint tea. It has proved to be beneficial for those having trouble sleeping and has aided their sleep and it could help a person sleep for longer hours at a stretch.
- Relieves stress and reduces anxiety – Mint tea is known to act as a natural stress reliever and also helps reduce anxiety. Its properties are soothing and helps to relax the body and mind.
Here’s how you can make a quick cup of refreshing mint tea at home –
- 1 cup of water
- 10 – 12 mint leaves
- 1 – 2 thin slices of lemon or 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Fresh Ginger (optional)
- Sugar or Honey (optional or as per your requirement)
Please Note: The quantities could be increased or decreased as per your taste requirements.
Method of preparation:
Bring the water to a boil and add in the chopped mint leaves and a small piece of ginger. Let it boil for another minute and turn off the flame. In a cup, add in the sugar or any other sweetener of choice. You can also add lemon slices when serving the mint tea. You can also add an inch of grated ginger, for some additional benefits and to enhance its taste.
Mint tea can be served as iced tea, just by leaving the mint tea in the refrigerate or adding in a few ice cubes to it. You can also add a few raw mint leaves for added flavor and fragrance. READ MORE – ALOE VERA HAIR GROWTH POWDER