With summers approaching, its time to add calming and soothing skin care products! Summers are great for the beach days but it is often accompanied with sun burn, acne, excess sebum, breakouts, inflammation of skin etc. Mint water is a great remedy to keep skin clear and calm this summer and it can be used topically all day and also consumed in the form of infused water.
MINT BEAUTY BENEFITS:
- Mint has anti-bacterial and anti-properties and contains natural salicylic acid that helps treat and heal acne. Dries out active acne and treats it without scarring.
- Has anti-inflammatory and cooling properties that calms down any redness, itching, irritation etc. Great for acne, sun burn, insect bites, sweat itching etc.
- Tightens pores and improves overall appearance of skin.
- Keeps skin hydrated and plump.
- Rejuvenates your skin, helps with scarring and unclogs pores.
- Great for whiteheads and blackheads.
- Keeps skin cool and body cool when taken internally in the form of infused water.
RECIPE FOR MINT BEAUTY WATER:
Things you need-
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Essential Oil – Few drops ( optional)
In a spray bottle, add fresh washed and lightly crushed mint leaves. If the leaves are big, tear them into smaller pieces and then toss into spray bottle. Pour in water and secure it with spray pump. Shake and infuse it for an hour and chill for best results. Spray this on facial skin throughout the day. Use it as a body mist after showering, after sun exposure etc. Make a new batch every 2 days.
Alternatively you can freeze it as ice cubes and rub it on facial skin for acne, directly on sun burn, on inflamed skin, on insect bites etc. Make a bigger batch and also add in a few lemon slices for best results and let the water infuse for 2-3 hours. Sip on it throughout the day.