Dry brushing is an Ayurveda cleansing philosophy that involves brushing your full body with a special bristled brush. It is the best way to get smooth healthy skin in less than 5 minutes. Basically, dry brushing technique is using a body brush and brushing it on bare skin before a shower due to its health and beauty benefits. You just need an extra 5 minutes before taking a shower to improve blood circulation for a healthy skin –
DRY BRUSHING BENEFITS
* removes dead skin cells and allows the pores to breathe
* Stimulates and promotes circulation
* Reduces cellulite
* Prevents premature aging
* Detoxifies Body
* Improves skin texture
* It lessens skin flaking
* Strengthens the immune system
* Gives tighter skin when done regularly
* Natural cellulite treatment
HOW TO DRY BRUSH
1. The best time to dry brush is in the morning before a shower. You can do this daily to stimulate your circulation and help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, cellulite, exfoliate dead skin to reveal brighter, smoother, healthy-looking skin.
2. Don’t use too much pressure while brushing, just use light and firmer strokes so that you don’t hurt your skin.
3. Start from soles of your feet then on legs as shown in the image using long strokes towards the heart and then towards arm and chest. Avoid using it on sensitive areas of your body or such as areas of skin rash, wounds, cuts, or infections.
4. Don’t forget to brush your back, you can use a long-handled brush for the back. Brush upwards on the back and down from the neck.
5. Make long sweeps and avoid back and forth motion while brushing. Brush for 2-3 minutes maximum.
7. Once you have covered your entire body, take shower to get rid of the dead skin.
8. Massage a small amount of face oil or any other body oil of your choice all over the body for a healthy glow. READ MORE – Oil pulling – Benefits and how to detox your mouth and body