Matcha powder is nothing but powder form of dried green tea leaves and is more concentrated and saturated than regular green tea because obviously it is powdered, and you end up using more of it. Using matcha powder is great way to add more anti-oxidants in your diet and it also is super beneficial to your skin and hair apart from just health. Also, because matcha powder is super fine, it can used in so many different ways! Below is matcha powder benefits and ways to use it-
BENEFITS OF MATCHA POWDER:
- Regularly consuming matcha helps boosts concentration and improves memory.
- Is great for detoxing body, skin and hair. Helps flush out the harmful toxins from the body which results in rejuvenating the skin inside out.
- Has anti-inflammatory and calming properties that helps reduce any inflammation in the body, on skin and hair/scalp too.
- Matcha tea is a patent weight-loss inducer which makes it a great ingredient in weight-loss recipes. Match green tea helps to maintain the weight and also eliminates the bad cholesterol in the body.
- Keeps acne at bay and helps unclog pores. Prevents future breakouts and heals present mild acne.
- Also helps fight dandruff and detox scalp and treat scalp acne. Boosts hair growth and makes hair shinier and thicker.
WAYS TO USE MATCHA POWDER:
- To make a detoxing and super healthy traditional matcha tea, you need to add 1 tablespoon matcha powder in a cup with ½ cup (or less) warm water and whisk it using a wooden whisker until you see nice froth on the top. You can add in more water if you like and consume.
- Add matcha powder to your breakfast smoothies, pancakes, chia puddings, cakes, oatmeal etc.
- Add 1 teaspoon matcha powder to 1/3 cup aloe gel to make your own matcha skin gel.
- Add it to your homemade face masks!
- To make matcha face mist, simply combine 1 tablespoon matcha powder, 2 tablespoons witch hazel and 1 cup rose water ad transfer to a spray bottle. Use it as a facial mist.
- Add it to your homemade hair masks!
- To make matcha scalp and hair mist, simply combine 1 tablespoon matcha powder, 2 tablespoons witch hazel and 1 cup filtered water and transfer to a spray bottle. Use it as a hair and scalp mist after shampooing.
- To make a pre-shampoo hair butter for dry scalp and hair, add 1 tablespoon matcha powder to 1/3 cup coconut oil or shea butter and whip. Apply on scalp and hair and shampoo off after 1 hour.