HIMALAYAN PINK SALT BENEFITS AND USES
Himalayan pink salt is a great substitute to table salt in meals and we all are already aware of it but did you also know that it has great beauty benefits and uses too? Himalayan pink salt is used in a number of dishes and as garnishing in various sweets due to its typical flavor and also because it contains amazing beneficial minerals and compounds that also help keep bloating at bay! Now isn’t that great? Below are some amazing Himalayan pink salt benefits and uses-
HIMALAYAN PINK SALT BENEFITS
- Himalayan pink salt is left to be in its pure form and this ensures that it retains all its essential minerals which is why this salt is s great healthier alternative to regular salt.
- Pink salt is a good source of magnesium and also contains 84 essential minerals required by the human body.
- You must have already heard about the popular Himalayan pink salt lamps? The salt is a natural air purifier that pulls toxins from the environment and neutralizes them.
- It contains a good amount of iodine that is required for a human body that too naturally available in all required and balanced quantities.
- Add Himalayan pink salt to your diet to help your body replenish the natural supply of electrolytes. This makes it a great addition to meals when you have an upset stomach or loose motions.
- The salt adds a great texture to the hair and can make a great alternative to commercial hair styling spray when you want those beautiful beach waves.
- Himalayan pink salt is also beneficial for your skin, it helps to shrink pores and fight acne-causing fungus and bacteria and also dds a healthy glow to the skin.
USES OF HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
HIMALAYAN SALT LAMPS
Salt lamps are simply made up of large pieces of pure Himalayan Salt with a small bulb inside. The lamp has the ability to chemically and physically transform a room by removing toxins from the air and also has many health benefits.
PORE-TIGHTENING FACE TONER
In a bowl, add 1 cup water and 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt. Add in few teaspoons aloe vera gel and mix it all really well. Stir until well combined. Pour in a spray bottle and use it as a facial mist in the morning and evening.
Add Himalayan pink salt in place of your regular salt in all your meal preps, shakes, smoothies, etc. help keep bloating and water retention at bay and also improve the overall health.
FACE, BODY AND SCALP SCRUB
To make a body scrub. In a bowl, add 1/3 cup superfine Himalayan pink salt and few drops lavender essential oil. Add in enough coconut oil and mix. Add more if required. The consistency should be on a thinner side, perfect for gentle scrubbing. Use it on damp skin and damp scalp. Massage gently for about 2-3 minutes and rinse it off.