Steam therapy is a great way to add moisture to your scalp promoting longer and healthy hair. Steaming your hair helps to deep clean scalp, unclog hair follicles, remove dead skin to stimulate hair follicles and encourage hair growth. When your hair does not receive the moisture it becomes dull, brittle, and break so steaming your hair is the best treatment for healthy hair and scalp.
Benefits of hair steaming –
- ensures an intensive hair repair,
- delivers a maximum level of moisture,
- adds shine and softness to hair,
- upgrades the action of hair and scalp products,
- enhances strands, preventing hair thinning,
- conditions both bulbs and hair.
How to steam your hair at home
You can invest in a hair steamer that you can buy easily online or you can use the hot towel method to achieve the same effects. Grab a good hair conditioner or if you want to go all-natural, then use fresh aloe vera gel from the plant all over your hair and scalp. Follow up by using a hot towel hair steaming technique following the below steps- READ MORE – TOP 6 HAIR MASKS TO TREAT ALL HAIR PROBLEMS NATURALLY
Steam hair with hot towel :
- Soak a soft towel in water and lightly wring out the excess water Or simply place the towel in the microwave for 2 minutes or until very warm.
- Wrap the warm towel around the head and a cover towel wrapped head with a shower cap or plastic bag big enough to hold the steam.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water. Repeat it every 10 days.
Steam hair with hot oil: Use oil of your choice and also add in few drops of essential oil for added benefits. Saturate your hair with the oil and massage your scalp for 5 mins to improve the scalp circulation. You can follow the hot oil treatment before you steam your hair for healthy and faster hair growth. The steam helps to lift the cuticle on the hair shaft and allow the oil to penetrate each strand to nourish and deeply condition your hair so its best to follow a hair steaming therapy after you have oiled your hair for it to be effective.
Hair steaming can do wonders for your hair by deeply conditioning, it stops hair breakage, makes your hair soft, deeply conditions, and retains moisture. Massage your scalp using hair oil for about 5 – 10mins in a circular motion using your fingertips to increase circulation and make your hair for soft, shiny, and healthy hair.
Steaming your hair with a hot towel after oiling is very good as it helps hair to absorb the oil. For an at-home hair steam treatment:
- Dunk a towel in a bowl of hot water
- Squeeze off the excess
- wrap the wet warm towel around your hair
- Cover a shower cap over it and leave it on for 30mins.
Steam treatments are beneficial for all hair types, especially dry or damaged hair. A deep conditioning steam treatment can be easily done at home for faster hair growth. READ MORE – 10 NATURAL ORGANIC DIY SHAMPOO RECIPES FOR HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH