Hair fall is a common problem faced by many these days and it can be due to many factors from hormonal imbalance to hair treatments to stress, illness, diet, hair products, age, cancer, pregnancy and childbirth and many other such reasons. So, is there a way out of this? Can hair loss be stopped completely? Well, here are best tips to use that will effectively improve the quality of your hair to stop hair fall.
Let’s look into some of them.
1. Healthy Diet:
What you eat plays a very important role in maintaining hair health and preventing hair loss. If you do not ingest enough of all the right nutrients, minerals and vitamins, it will result in an imbalanced diet (sometimes occurring due to crash diets) which can be one of the main causes in resulting hairfall.
When talking about “diet” there are many things to keep in mind and what are the best foods to intake for the hair. Apart from having a balanced diet, consuming protein rich food can help boost hair growth. The hair follicles are mainly made up of protein and hence promote hair growth. Therefore, lack of sufficient protein in your diet can result in you having hair fall. So consuming protein rich food like eggs, fish, nuts and beans etc can help boost protein intake. Take a tsp of coconut oil every morning and also much in chia seeds or pumpkin seeds for a healthy snack and boost hair growth.
Dietary supplements are those taken besides your regular food intake. These supplements are taken because there are times our bodies are deficient and need external support. These dietary supplements come in various forms like capsules, powders, energy drinks, energy bars, tablets etc.
Some of the vitamins commonly linked with hair and hair growth are biotin, iron, vitamin C and D, zinc etc. So if any of these vitamins are deficient in the body, it will result in hair loss. So, if you are vitamin deficient, taking multivitamin supplements on consulting your doctor, are advised. READ MORE – NATURAL HAIR GROWTH SUPPLEMENT FOR FASTER AND THICKER HAIR GROWTH
3. Healthy scalp:
Apart from internal hair care methods, external methods too can provide help, when it comes to the prevention of hair loss. One important one is oiling of hair. Oiling of hair is a practice followed since ages. The pouring of oil onto the scalp helps to improve the blood circulation of the scalp, and increases hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles, improves hair texture and lustre, decreases hair loss and makes the hair look shiny and smooth. Apply black seed oil or castor oil once every week and massage it in for 5-10 mins. Leave it on for 30 mins or overnight and wash it off.
Our hair is exposed all the time and can get dry, damaged and lose its lustre and shine over time because of over exposure to sunlight, ultra-violet (UV) damage, pollution, improper hair care routines, regular use of hair styling products etc. Therefore, regular oiling of hair can be beneficial to save the hair from damage and promote hair repair and hair growth over time. It can provide relief from stress, promote hair strength, prevent hair fall and keep the scalp hydrated. READ MORE – MIRACLE HAIR WATER to regrow hair
4. Right Hair Care:
Regular hair washing, conditioning, usage of hair masks and scalp scrubs can all contribute to ideal hair maintenance. Here are some tips for right hair care:
- Regular washing of hair can help get rid of dirt, oil and grime from the hair, while the conditioner will help lock in the moisture and keep the hair hydrated.
- Remember that using most of the shampoo on your scalp is better, as it will flow down the length of your hair while washing, while using the conditioner from your hair and work your way to the scalp is ideal, as it can have sufficient time to soak in and condition your hair.
- After a hair wash, just squeeze out the excess water with your hands and pat dry your hair with a towel and then let it dry naturally. At this stage the hair roots are extremely weak and fragile and therefore it is not advisable to wring your hair up into a towel.
- Using scalp scrubs can help exfoliate the scalp skin and help remove the excess dead skin cells, excess oil, dirt, product buildup and dandruff, in turn promoting better blood circulation and hair growth. READ MORE – 6 BEST SCALP SCRUB RECIPES FOR HEALTHY HAIR GROWTH
- Make use of hair masks as they can condition the hair and promote better hair texture and shine. Using hair masks will provide hydration and nourishment to the hair follicles and promote overall hair health and make the hair stronger and prevent hair fall.