Our body’s natural hair growth can be affected by so many factors like hormonal imbalances, lack of nutritious diet, stress, follicle clogging due to product buildup etc. If you are experiencing stagnant hair growth or no hair growth at all, you need to eat right along with using topical treatments. Before you go try out commercial products that claim hair growth or before you pop hair growth supplements, try curry leaves! Yes, you heard us right; curry leaves are extremely beneficial for stimulating hair growth and below are some ways to use it-
- Curry leaves are rich in beta-carotene, proteins and essential compounds to stimulate hair growth and make hair thicker and longer gradually.
- Repairs damaged hair roots by supplying essential nutrients to your scalp.
- It has anti-oxidants and amino acids that make hair follicles really strong and reduces hair shedding and hair fall. The leaves help revive dead hair follicles, stimulate them, and promote hair growth.
- Delays hair greying and keeps them dark and lustrous for longer.
- It helps fight dandruff and scalp acne. It also helps to prevent premature greying of hair and smooth the hair.
CURRY LEAVES FOR HAIR GROWTH:
Curry leaves hair mask- You can use fresh curry leaves or even dried curry leaves for this. If using fresh curry leaves, grind it directly to make 1/3 cup paste. If using dried curry leaves, grind it to a fine powder and add in enough water to make a paste.
To this paste, add a few drops of rosemary oil and some curd. Mix well and apply n scalp and hair. Let it sit for 2 hours before shampooing.
Curry leaves hair water- In a saucepan, add 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons curry leaf powder or fresh leaves ground to paste.
Simmer on low flame for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. Filter and once cooled, spray on scalp and hair after a hair wash. Use it as a leave-on treatment.
Curry leaves oil – In a saucepan, add 1 cup coconut oil and 2 tablespoons curry leaf powder or fresh leaves ground to paste.
Simmer on low flame for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. Filter and once cooled and store in an air-tight container. Use it as pre-shampoo hair oil.