Are you also one of those people who hate to do their laundry? Separating white clothes from the colored and trying to get rid of those tough grease stains. Maybe even ironing and folding your clothes after a whole load of laundry, well, it can be quite a task right?
So, how about simplify your life by trying out some easy laundry hacks? Here are 10 of the best laundry hacks for you every day use!
15 Best laundry hacks:
1. Stretch fabric with conditioner – In case your clothes have shrunk upon washing, you can simply unshrink them by adding 3-4 tablespoon of conditioner into a quarter of a bucket of warm water and mix it well. then, immerse your garment into this mixture and then let it soak for around 30 minutes.
Then, drain out the water and rinse your garment with plain water, keep the garment on a flat surface and stretch to desired size and let it air dry in that position.
2. Rub chalk to get rid of grease stains – Always keep a piece of chalk ready at hand. This is because in case you ever have a grease stain on your clothes; simply blot it by rubbing chalk over the grease stain. The chalk is highly absorbent and will help get rid of the grease. You can then wash it with some detergent thereafter.
3. vinegar fabric softener – Soften your sheets, towel or clothes using vinegar – If you find that your bed sheets are stiff, you can simply wash them in your washer by adding in half 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar mixed wtih a few drops of lemon essential oil to the fabric softener dispenser. This will help boost the color of your sheets and instantly soften them as well.
4. How to whiten whites – Soak the white clothes in a bucket filled with warm water, along with 1/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide, 1 cup of baking soda, and 1 tbsp of dish soap or castile soap. Let it soak for an hour in the top load washing machine or bucket and wash it as usual.
5. Iron clothes using ice cubes or vinegar – If you have a dryer at home, you can “iron” your clothes by simply using an ice cube. All you need to do is, dunk in the wrinkled clothes in your dryer and toss in a few ice cubes and dry it on the warmest setting. The ice cubes will then create steam and the clothes will feel almost ironed.
6. Use ice cubes to remove sticky stainsIf you have a sticky stain like chewing gum or gum etc., you can simply leave a few cubes of ice on the sticky stain and then no sooner it will help you peel off the stickiness.
7. Use this powerful stain remover spray to get rid of any stains – If you have a stain and cannot seem to get rid of it, simply dab some shaving cream on the stain and then rinse it off with detergent.
Make a stain remover spray – Add 1 part Dawn dish soap and 2 parts 3% hydrogen peroxide to a measuring cup and stir to mix. Pour the mixture into to a dark-colored spray bottle and store in a dark place. Spray it on the stain until the area is completely saturated. If the cloth has stubborn stain sprinkle little baking soda on the stain. Using a brush scrub the area gently and then wash as usual.
8. Keep your old tissue box to collect dryer lint – You can keep an empty tissue box in your laundry room and use that box to collect all your dryer lint and simply toss out the boss in your trash once it’s full.
9. Use a mesh laundry bag to keep sock pairs together – If you always find a sock missing and cannot seem to find its pair, how about put them to wash together! All you need to do is put both the sock pairs in a mesh laundry bag and put them to wash so that one sock doesn’t get misplaced.
10. Clean white shoes – Mix 1 tbsp baking soda and 2 tbsp dish soap to make a mixture. Dip a clean toothbrush into the mixture and use it to scrub the dirt on your shoes. Wipe it with a damp cloth and dry it in a sunny place.
11. You can use sticky duct tape to get rid of lint – If you’ve misplaced your lint roller or do not have one, simply roll duct tape around a roller brush and roll it over your clothes to help get rid of lint. You can also use small pieces of duct tape to get rid of lint in smaller areas of fabric.
12. De-smell your gym clothes by soaking them in vinegar – If you find that your gym clo9thes are smelly and do not wish to put them in your washer along with the other clothes, you can simply soak them in a bucket of water mixed with ½ a cup of vinegar to get rid of the odor before tossing them into your washing machine.
13. Use a flat iron to iron clothes in difficult spots – Do you find it hard to iron your clothes in between buttons? Well, simply use a flat iron to iron between your buttons and it will make your ironing simple!
15. Laundry stripping – Laundry stripping is a method of washing linens, towels, bedsheets, blanket or clothes to remove detergent residue, fabric softener, minerals from hard water, odor, stains and body oils that have collected on your laundry over time by soaking garments and linens in hot water with an at-home borax solution. Fill a bath tub, bucket or top load washing machine with water and in your laundry. For a tub full of clothes, add 1/4 cup borax, 1/4 cup washing soda, and 1/2 cup detergent. Let the fabric soak until the water has cooled, about 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Then follow up by washing the items once more in the washing machine.