Flaxseed oil, also known as linseed oil, is rich in active compounds like healthy proteins that promote cardiac health, omega-3 fatty acids that slows down the growth of cancer cells and fiber that promote better digestion. Apart from health benefits, flaxseed oil is also known for the beauty benefits that it has to offer in terms of clear skin and beautiful hair. Keep reading to know more about the benefits of flaxseed oil:
HEALTH BENEFITS OF FLAXSEED OIL:
- Flaxseed oil is a storehouse of omega-3 fatty acids. Its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce inflammation and protect the brain.
- On account of the omega-3 fatty acids contained in flaxseed, consuming flaxseed oil has multiple benefits.
- It is effective in lowering blood pressure levels, thereby promoting better heart health.
- The antioxidants are known to retard the growth of cancerous cells too.
- Flaxseed oil with its laxative properties effectual in relieving constipation and improving gut health. It is known to be particularly useful for treating symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Flaxseed oil is also known to initiate weight loss.
How To Use Flaxseed Oil For Health Benefits?
- Flaxseed oil, though good for health, must be consumed in moderation.
- It can be consumed as oil or as gel capsule supplements. It is best to ask your healthcare expert before you decide on the dosage.
- Pregnant women, children and breastfeeding mothers should refrain from consuming flaxseed oil.
- If you are suffering from bleeding disorders or you have a surgery scheduled or you are under blood-clotting medication, do not consume flaxseed oil. You may ask your doctor if you are keen on taking this oil.
BENEFITS OF FLAXSEED OIL FOR SKIN
- Flaxseed oil contains antioxidants that help protect the skin against the harmful UV rays and free-radicals.
- Flaxseed oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help keep skin irritation at bay.
- If you are suffering from chronic skin conditions like dermatitis, psoriasis or acne, flaxseed oil could be an answer to these problems.
- If you have dry skin that feels rough to touch, using flaxseed oil would help hydrate your skin and impart smooth skin free from irritation.
How To Use Flaxseed Oil For Skin?
- Mix a few drops of flaxseed oil with your daily moisturizer and apply on your skin.
- Rub a few drops of oil between the palms to warm it and massage on face with gentle circular motion. Wash off with lukewarm water after sometime.
BENEFITS OF FLAXSEED OIL FOR HAIR
- Flaxseed oil contains vitamin E that nourishes the hair follicles.
- Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation, thereby treating dandruff, scalp acne and hair loss.
- Its healthy proteins impart beautiful hair that shines with health.
- Using flaxseed oil makes hair smooth, soft and moisturized.
How To Use Flaxseed Oil For Hair?
- Opt for a hot oil treatment with flaxseed oil for your hair at least once a week for visible results.
- Mix flaxseed oil and sunflower oil in 1:1 ratio and add a few drops of lavender essential oil. Put the oil blend in a spray bottle and use as a natural hair detangler and moisturizer.