If you’re a coffee lover, then I’m sure you’d love to experiment with different unique types of coffee. From recipes to bulletproof coffee, egg coffee, banana milk coffee, lemon coffee and many more, here are 8 unique coffee recipes for you coffee lovers to try out today Check them out below!
Here are 8 unique coffee recipes for you to try out:
1. Egg Coffee, Vietnam – a traditionally drink that prepared with egg yolk and coffee.
- ¾ cup hot water
- 2 tsp instant coffee powder
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk (from a pasteurized egg only)
- ½ tsp vanilla essence ( optinal)
Mix the hot water along with the instant coffee powder and give it a stir. Then, pour into a serving glass. Then, into a mixing bowl, add in the egg yolk, vanilla essence and condensed milk and beat the mixture until frothy (or at least until it looks like batter).
Note: Basically this foam has to float at the top of the glass and you could test this on a glass of water before putting it over your coffee mixture. Lastly, gently set this mixture on top of the coffee in the serving glass, stir and its ready to consume.
2. Avocado Coffee – Jus Alpukat, Indonesian – Love Avocados ?? Try it in your coffee.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup strong coffee
- Pinch of salt
- Ice cubes
Into a blender add in all the ingredients and blend on high. Pour it into a glass and drizzle with some chocolate syrup before serving.
3. Banana Milk Coffee
- 1 small ripe banana
- 1cup cold brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 3 to 4 ice cubes
- Honey to taste (optional)
Into a blender, add in the banana, coffee, milk and blend on high speed until frothy. Then pour into a glass some ice cubes and top it up with the banana milk coffee mixture.
4. Bulletproof Coffee
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ground coffee powder
- 1-2 tbsp unsalted butter
(Or preferably grass-fed butter)
- 1 tsp thick coconut oil
Into a heating pot, add in one cup of water and once it begins to heat, add in the ground coffee powder and let it come to a boil and then lower the flame and let it simmer for 2 to 4 minutes. Strain this into a cup and let it sit until slightly cool.
Then, add the butter and coconut oil with half the quantity of the black coffee into a mixer blender and let it blend until the mixer gets frothy. Then, add in the rest of the black coffee, give it a quick blend, pour into a cup and it is ready to consume.
READ MORE –
5. Mocha Cola Coffee, Brazil – this Brazilian coffee is made with rich chocolate milk and fizzy cola to sweeten the drink.
- 1 cup of coffee ( espresso or filter coffee)
- 1 can of cola soft drink
- 3 cups of chocolate milk
- Ice cubes
- Whipped cream, to serve
Freeze coffee in the fridge. In a glass mix add in ice cubes along with coffee, soft drinks and chocolate milk. Serve with a little whipped cream and a few drops of chocolate syrup (optional)
6. Ice cream coffee – Eiskaffee, Germany – Eiskaffee means “iced coffee” in German that is served over ice cream.
- 2 cups coffee, chilled
- 2-4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream ( optional)
- Chocolate sprinkles or syrup
Brew coffee using your preferred method and chill it in the fridge until ice cold. Scoop 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream into each glass. Pour cold coffee over the ice cream. Add whipped cream and top with chocolate sprinkles. Serve immediately.
7. Lemon Coffee – Mazagran, Portugal – A refreshing lemon coffee drink that is perfect for summer.
- 1 cup coffee
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 wedge lemon
- 1 cup ice
Brew coffee using your preferred method. Add the honey or any other sweetener to the coffee, and set it aside to cool.
Fill a large glass with ice cubes. Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice, start with around 2 tbsp, but you can add in more if you want to depending on your taste. Pour in the cooled coffee. Top with a slice of lemon or mint leaves for garnishing!
8. Milk tea coffee – Yuanyuang, Hong Kong – you can make a hot or cold version of this milk tea coffee that creamy & warming in winter whilst refreshing in summer!
- ½ Cup Strong Coffee
- 4-6 Black tea bags (preferably Ceylon, if not Assam and Darjeeling works too)
- 1¾ Cups Whole Milk ( any milk of choice)
- brown sugar
Make milk tea as per your preference – pour milk into a saucepan and add in the tea bags and allow it to steep. Whilst the tea is brewing/ steeping, make some strong coffee. Pour the milk tea to a cup and add in the coffee. Sweeten it by adding in the sugar. You can also add in a small amount of condensed milk to make it creamier.
Iced version – Add coffee to milk tea and refrigerate for few hours. Add in the sugar or ice cubes, you can also add in condensed milk to make it extra creamy right before serving.