Having to deal with hair frizz is the most horrible thing when it comes to hair care because hair frizz is often the result of the hair having gone dry and is lacking moisture.
But is there a solution to getting rid of frizz completely? Well, absolutely yes! There are several different methods you can use and incorporate into your haircare routine to help keep frizz at bay.
How does hair become frizzy?
Sometimes many of us tend to overwash our hair, overuse products and hair also use hair styling tools extensively thus resulting in our hair getting dry and dehydrated because it lacks moisture. This is what causes our hair to get extremely frizzy.
Here are some of the top methods to use to help get rid of hair frizziness:
1. Use a good hair conditioning mask
Using a good natural hair mask or a deep conditioning hair mask can help increase the moisture content in the hair strands and help lock in moisture in the hair thus reducing frizziness.
2. Use cold water on the hair
Once you have washed your hair with warm water, always ending your head bath with a cold water rinse is a good practice because while the warm water opens up the hair cuticles, the cold water will help seal the hair cuticles and thereafter lock in the moisture from the hair conditioner in the hair, thus reducing hair frizziness.
3. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your hair
Whenever you detangle your hair to get rid of knots, make sure to always use a comb that had wide-teeth. This is because using a hair brush or a fine-toothed comb can create friction between the hair strands and rough up the cuticles as well, leading to hair frizziness and damage.
4. Use a microfiber towel to dry your hair
Using a regular or standard towel to dry your hair after a head bath mat cause your hair an increase in frizziness because it can cause snagging in addition to friction between the hair strands resulting in frizziness.
Thus, always use a microfiber towel to dry your hair after a head bath because the fibres in these types of towels are finer and will create less friction and reduce frizziness.
Make a 3 ingredient hair spray to smooth dry frizzy hair and add shine-
How can you prevent hair frizziness?
- Make sure to reduce washing your hair too often and wash it only twice or thrice in a week.
- Always reduce the use of heat styling tools and while using them when necessary, make sure to spritz a heat protectant spray before beginning the styling process to avoid heat damage to the hair.
- Make it a habit to get regular hair trims in order to avoid the split ends and frizz from travelling up and damaging the entire hair strand.
- Avoid using a blow dryer or hair dryer to dry your hair after a head bath, rather let your hair air dry after pat drying it and removing the excess water using a microfiber towel.