Whether you are making a cheesecake, adding it into your pasta sauce or spreading it out on toast, cream cheese is a super delicious kitchen-essential ingredient to have!
The uses of cream cheese are many and store-bought cream cheese can be quite expensive. So, why not just make it at home then? Cream cheese is nothing but a soft and creamy cheese which has a tangy taste and is made using just two simple ingredients. In this article, I’ll let you in on how to make cream cheese at home! So here you go with the recipe.
watch the full video here –
You can find the method in the video above to make cream cheese at home –
Storage – Transfer the freshly made cream cheese into an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator. You can add in salt and herbs of your choice.
Where can you use this homemade cream cheese? The best part about homemade cream cheese is that it can be used just like store-bought cream cheese in baking, cooking etc.
Here are some of the best ways you can use homemade cream cheese:
- As cream cheese frosting: If you’ve made a cake or cupcakes, simply use it to ice your cake or cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- As a dip: You can serve it as a side dip with vegetables, nachos or other snacks.
- Add it into your scrambled eggs: Mix a dollop of cream cheese into your beaten egg mixture and make rich and yummy scrambled eggs.
- For toast and bagels: You can spread it as a topping on your toast or bagels.
- Add it into your cheesecake: You can simply substitute expensive store-bought cream cheese with your own homemade cream cheese in your cheesecake recipe.
- Add it into your pasta sauce: When you are making a white sauce for your pasta, add in a dollop of cream cheese to enrich its flavor and creaminess.