Armpit skin is very sensitive skin and if not taken proper care then it may lead to dark armpits or unhealthy skin. Artificial chemicals in deodorants, roll-ons, and perfumes may lead to body odor and sweaty armpits. The sebaceous glands are very active and produce an odor that cannot be tackled easily.
These deodorants and antiperspirants are filled with chemicals that may harm the body in the long run. Sweating is a natural process and only the chemicals can prevent the natural process of sweating. The chemicals which are present in these deodorants are:
HARMFUL INGREDIENTS IN A DEODORANT
- Propylene glycol: It is present in most of the personal care products. It increases the chance of allergies and immunotoxicity.
- Aluminum: It leads to cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Formaldehyde: It is a carcinigen.
- Parabens: It causes an imbalance between the body hormones. It also increases the chances of breast cancer. It has been found in biopsied tissue which is related to breast cancer.
- Phthalates: It is also found in plastics. Can you imagine the risk involved with it? It leads to infertility and hormonal imbalance.
- Antibacterial Substances: They are said to affect the immune systems. They are also known as endocrine disruptors.
Since you are exposing the sensitive skin to the chemicals which will definitely harm it on a longer run. This calls for a detoxification process. Armpit detox will ensure that the toxins are removed from the skin. Below are some remedies for armpit detoxification-
Bentonite Clay – Take a bowl and add a tablespoon bentonite clay ane enough apple cider vinegar a make a paste. Apply it as a mask under the armpits for 10 mins and rinse it off. Do not use a metal bowl or spoon to mix as there are possibilities of chemical reactions. Use a wooden spoon or a non-metal spoon to stir the ingredients.
Turmeric – In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon turmeric, 2 tablespoon gram flour, and enough rose water to make a thick paste. Apply a thick layer on your armpits and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wet your fingers and gently rub the mask to exfoliate the skin and rinse it off.
Aloe vera– Take pure aloe gel and add few drops of tea tree oil to make a armpit cream and rub it on your armpits. Leave It for twenty minutes or overnight and wash it off. The aloe vera will cleanse the armpits and kill the bacteria. It will also improve body odor.
Baking soda – Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Gently rub the paste on your armpits. Leave It for twenty minutes and wash it off. This will exfolaite and cleanse the armpits.
Charcoal – Make a paste using charcoal powder and rose water and apply an even layer on your armpits. Let it sit for 15 minutes before rinsing off.