A lot of us get drawn towards advertisements and buy beauty care products to use. But sometimes some of these beauty care products do not give you the desired results, right? Then, worry not, because natural products can always come to your rescue. Black seed oil is one such efficient product for skin and hair care. It is nothing but oil made from cold pressing black seeds or nigella seeds (also known as ‘kalonji’ seeds in India) or blended black seeds with carrier oils.
Therefore if you are looking out for an oil to give you that perfect and clear skin and give your hair a boost, with an all-renewed lustre and shine, black seed oil can be your go-to!
Here are some beauty tips and the benefits of using black seed oil for skin and hair:
1. For skin:
- Black seed oil can help unclog pores.
- Fights premature signs of ageing.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe irritated skin, prevent, treat and reduce acne and breakouts and calm the skin.
- Rich in essential vitamins and minerals.
- Can help reduce dark spots and pigmentation.
- The topical application of black seed oil can help reduce skin diseases like eczema and psoriasis.
1. Black seed oil face massage:
Wash your face with a mild cleanser and dab a few drops of black seed oil on your skin and gently rub it all over your skin and then massage it in for a few minutes. Then you can leave it on overnight or you can do this during the day and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour, before washing off.
2. Black seed oil face mask:
- 2 tbsp aloe vera
- 1 tsp black seed oil
- 1/4 tsp organic turmeric (optional)
Into a small mixing bowl, add in the turmeric, aloe vera gel and black seed oil and mix this well into a fine paste.
Then wash your face with plain water and apply the black seed oil face mask evenly all over your face and gently massage it in for a few minutes. Then you can leave it on for 30 minutes or overnight before washing off with a mild cleanser.
2. For hair:
- Black seed oil helps to nourish the hair and promote hair shine.
- Can help regulate any imbalance in the hair growth cycle and activates the hair follicles to promote proper hair growth.
- Black seed oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties which can keep bacteria away from the scalp and can promote better scalp health and reduce dandruff.
- Can promote hair growth by providing nourishment to the scalp and improving blood circulation.
- Black seed oil acts as a natural hair conditioner and keeps the hair moisturized.
1. Homemade black seed oil recipe, for hair and hair growth:
- 2 tbsp black seeds oil
- 2-4 rosemary essential oil (optional)
Gently warm the oil and add in the essential oil.
To apply on the hair:
Partition your hair and apply this oil evenly onto your scalp and hair. Once the application process is done, massage this oil into your scalp using circular motions for 5 to 10 minutes. Then let it sit for half an hour to one hour before rinsing off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Tip: You can also leave this oil on your head overnight for better effects. READ MORE – How to make black seed oil at home
2. Add it to your shampoo:
Take a few drops of black seed oil into your palm, add in some shampoo and mix it in with your finger. Then shampoo your hair as usual and rinse off with plain water and use a mild conditioner if you wish to (as black seed oil already has natural conditioning properties).