PROTEIN HAIR GROWTH WATER
From fenugreek water, to fenugreek oil, to fenugreek hair masks, fenugreek has been a commonly used ingredient in the world of hair care.
These small yellowish-brown coloured seeds also known as ‘methi’ seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals and it is often used as a home remedy in various forms for promoting hair growth.
Apart from hair growth, the consumption of fenugreek water has been associated with a lot of benefits to both health and beauty like in the regulation of blood sugar, to aid weight loss, to aid better digestion as it acts as an antacid and strengthens the digestive system. It can also keep cholesterol levels under control, ease the pain of menstrual/period cramps in women and get rid of acne from the skin.
Now as for hair growth, fenugreek water can be used in two ways. You can consume it as protein water or use it as a hair rinse (if you do not like the taste of it).
Well, either way, let’s look into how fenugreek water can help boost hair growth.
- Fenugreek seeds are rich in nutrients which are essential in promoting hair growth.
- Fenugreek water can promote stimulate blood flow. This increased blood flow can help stimulate the hair follicles in the scalp towards hair growth.
- Fenugreek seeds also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties to reduce dandruff, scalp irritation and scalp infections like seborrheic dermatitis, scalp psoriasis etc.
- Fenugreek seeds are rich in folic acid, which is primarily responsible for healthy cell growth, in addition to vitamins A, vitamin K and vitamin C.
- Fenugreek seeds are rich in minerals like potassium, calcium and iron. These minerals are very beneficial in promoting long, strong and healthy hair growth.
- Fenugreek seeds contain a substance called lecithin, which is a natural emollient (hydrator) that can moisturize and strengthen the hair (especially for those people having dry and brittle hair), while also giving your hair a shine and retaining the natural colour of the hair.
- Fenugreek seeds act as a natural hair conditioner and can bring back the luster to the hair.
- Fenugreek seeds contain plant compounds like flavonoids and saponins that can help induce hair growth.
For those of you who would like to add this herb infused fenugreek water to your diet, here’s how you can make it –
1/2 tsp fenugreek/methi seeds
1 glass of water
In a saucepan, heat the water and add the fenugreek seeds and let it the seeds soak in the hot water overnight. The colour of the water will have a yellowish shade, this is when you’ll know it is ready to consume. In the morning, strain the seeds and have the water first thing in the morning.
Caution: Fenugreek seeds cannot be consumed in excess (as they are heaty in nature) and it can have side effects on the body. Therefore it is soaked in water before it can be consumed, in order to release some of the heat.
Also note that, consumption of fenugreek water is generally safe, but it is advisable to consume it in smaller quantities initially (to check for allergic reactions) and slowly increase the quantity over time. If it causes any irritation to you personally, stop consuming it with immediate effect.
How to use fenugreek water as a hair rinse:
2 tbsp fenugreek seeds
1 cup water
Method: Into a cup of water, add in two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak it overnight. The next morning, simmer the seeds along with the water for 5 mins. Let the water completely cool down. Strain the
How to use: Spray this water evenly all over your scalp and hair and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. You can tie your hair into a lose bun or in a shower cap. Later, wash it off with a mild shampoo and conditioner.
Tip: Repeat this process once a week for the best results.