Many of us often wear artificial eyelashes in order to give them a better and fuller look. Well, what if I told you that you can achieve this look with simple natural remedies, so you will never have to wear artificial eyelashes again! Sounds good, right?
A lot of people often wonder whether eyelashes can grow without medication, by just using natural remedies. Well, the answer is yes. There definitely is a possibility that natural home remedies can do the trick!
An essential part of getting fuller and more voluminous eyelashes includes grooming. Just how you maintain your hair, your eyelashes to need to be maintained and cared for.
Here are some tips on how you can groom your eyelashes and maintain eyelash health:
- Make sure to wash off any makeup on your eyelashes before you go to bed.
- When you wash your face with a mild cleanser, make sure to gently wipe your eyelashes with downward strokes.
- If you’re one who wears artificial eyelashes on a regular basis, make sure to be very gentle while taking them off as you could tug on the natural eyelash hair and it will result in hair fall.
- Just how you’d brush your hair, brushing of your eyelash hair with an eyelash brush is an important practice. Do this at least twice to thrice a week.
- You can also take keratin supplements that can help promote eyelash growth as the hair is made up of a protein called keratin.
- If you’re one of those people who use mascara, then use one which contains serum. This will help coat the eyelashes and reduce it from drying out, while keeping it moisturized.
What are the natural remedies for longer eyelashes?
1. Massage your eyelashes using oil:
One of the best ways to increase eyelash growth and make it look fuller, grow longer, and more voluminous is by massaging them on a regular basis, which will mean at least twice or thrice every week. There are various natural oils you could choose from – coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, etc. You could even use a combination of all these. These oils are protein-rich and can improve eyelash growth and strength.
Here’s how: You can use a Q-tip or the tip of your fingertip, dip it in the oil and gently apply it over your eyelashes using downward strokes. You could then gently brush it using an eyelash brush and then leave it on for a couple of hours before washing it off with a mild cleanser and plain water.
2. Use Vaseline or any petroleum jelly:
Vaseline or petroleum jelly can literally be used to help any issue. Petroleum jelly is hydrating and moisturizing in nature and can boost eyelash growth and prevent them from drying out and breakage.
Here’s how: Take a little petroleum jelly on a Q-tip or your fingertip and apply it very gently over your eyelashes using downward strokes every night before you go to bed. Wash it off the next morning with a mild cleanser and plain water.
3. Use the castor oil hack:
Just how castor oil is helpful in hair growth, it is well-known for stimulating better eyelash growth and promoting eyelash health.
Here’s how: All you need to do is apply a little castor oil over your fingertips and gently rub it over your eyelashes using downward strokes. Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning.
4. Use shea butter:
Shea butter is rich in vitamins and can help strengthen the eyelashes and improve its growth.
How to use it: You can simply apply a little shea butter on your fingertips and gently rub it over your eyelashes. Leave it on overnight and wash off the next morning.
Well, just how our hair requires regular grooming and hair care, similarly our eyelashes too require the same amount of care. Therefore, try out some of these natural remedies to help you get better, fuller and longer eyelashes over time!