HEAL YOUR SKIN AND MAKE IT GLOW WITH THIS TEA
As we age, maintaining our skin can be a hard task because aging causes the skin to sag and loses its luster and glow.
After a point, it becomes difficult to keep our skin away from fading and becoming dull, eventually ending up in pigmentation, dark spots, and other skin ailments. Therefore, it is essential to prevent these skin ailments before it begins.
Here is a simple skin glow tea you can make at home to help keep your skin healthy! This tea contains just two simple ingredients – chia seeds and herbal tea that can help boost your skin health like never before. Check out the benefits below.
Benefits of consuming chia seeds for the skin:
- Chia seeds contain antioxidants which are helpful for age-related wrinkles and its anti-inflammatory properties help treat acne.
- Chia seeds contain antioxidants which are helpful for age-related wrinkles and fine lines. They help fight free radical damage, keeping the skin intact. Drinking chia seeds water can also help get rid of blemishes on the skin and make your skin look glowing and radiant.
- These seeds contain vitamins like vitamin A and vitamin C and are rich in iron and potassium. These nutrients can help boost skin elasticity over time, thus also keeping wrinkles and fine lines at bay, fighting all signs of ageing.
- Many people suffer from acne and chia seeds have anti-inflammatory properties help treat acne. It is cooling for the body and soothing to the skin. It helps keep acne-forming bacteria away.
- Chia seeds also have omega-3s, which keep the skin hydrated at all times. Skin hydration is very essential because if your skin doesn’t have sufficient hydration, it will result in dry skin.
- Consuming chia seed water will help restore the skin’s moisture barrier. It can also help keep skin conditions like dermatitis, psoriasis etc at bay. Also, when the skin barrier is strong, the skin will be lesser prone to UV damage by the sun.
Benefits of drinking hibiscus tea for the skin:
- Herbal tea like rose, blue pea or hibiscus can promote skin health with its antioxidant properties and can be useful in dealing with skin-related issues like itchiness or skin inflammation.
- It can also help reduce oxidative skin damage that can lead to early signs of aging like wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, saggy skin etc.
- Hibiscus contains anthocyanins, which are antioxidants that can help fight free radical damage on the skin, thus keeping the skin healthy.
- The saponins (or natura surfactants) in hibiscus flowers can act as natural skin cleansing agents and can cleanse the skin from within, when consumed as hibiscus tea.
- Drinking hibiscus tea can help facilitate in the body, the production of collagen. Collagen is a protein that can help keep the skin strong, youthful and can give the skin a radiant glow for long periods of time.
You can watch the full video here –
How to make the skin glow herbal hibiscus chia tea at home?
Hibiscus or blue pea tea (Or any herbal tea )
Sweetener of choice
Note: For sweeteners, you can use honey, maple syrup, date syrup, jaggery
Into a bowl, add the chia seeds and top up the bowl with half a cup of water (or until all the seeds are well submerged in water). Then, let this sit for half an hour or overnight until the seeds bloat well.
Later, into a cup of hot water, submerge the hibiscus tea (or any other herbal tea bag of your choice like – blue pea tea, rose tea etc) and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes, covered.
Then, remove the tea bag, pour in the bloated chia seeds, and give it a mix and it is ready to drink. You can add in some ice cubes if you prefer it cold.