Did you know that your body repairs itself and gets time to rejuvenate while you are asleep? Yes, it is true and this is one of the reasons you should use a good face and body cream to get yourself the perfect glowing and well-moisturized skin!
Try out this simple two-ingredient sleeping mask that is super simple and easy to make at home, but is extremely beneficial to the skin. Check out the details below.
Benefits of the ingredients used in this mask:
For this two-ingredient sleeping mask, we blend aloe vera with shea butter. Here are their benefits below.
- Aloe vera is rich in vitamins and can contribute to cell turnover, a natural process that involves the constant shedding of dead skin cells and the replacement of it with younger skin cells, over a period of time.
- It also has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that can help cure and heal skin ailments. It can also help lighten the skin and reduce hyperpigmentation and even out skin tone and complexion.
- A lot of people suffer from skin problems like rash or acne. Aloe vera can act as an anti-acne medicine. It contains vitamin C and vitamin E which are helpful to keep one’s skin healthy and radiant.
- Shea butter is super moisturizing and hydrating in nature because it naturally contains fatty acids that can help improve the barrier of the skin. it can also help protect the skin from both external and internal damage.
- Shea butter can also help fight acne as it stops the skin from becoming dry by keeping it moisturized and reducing the dry skin from clogging the pores, leading to acne breakouts.
- It can also help reduce signs of ageing as it contains loads of antioxidants and is also rich in vitamins. It can also help prevent free radical damage to the skin. Apart from this, shea butter is soothing for the skin (especially if inflamed) and could heal cuts, burns and bruises.
How to make this two-ingredient sleeping mask at home?
Aloe vera gel
Into a mixing bowl, add in the aloe vera gel and shea butter. Then give it a good mix until the mixture is well combined and forms a smooth paste with a cream-like texture.
Before you go to sleep at night, you can use this two-ingredient sleeping mask for your face and even on your body like any other cream or moisturizer to wake up with glowing and beautiful skin.
All you need to do is apply small dots of this two-ingredient sleeping mask all over your face and body and gently massage it in using circular motions to promote better blood circulation.
You do not need to wash this off once applied.
Please Note: For this sleeping mask, make sure to only use commercially bought aloe vera gel and not fresh aloe vera gel. This will help increase the shelf life of this mask.